Saturday, November 6, 2010

Christmas it a coming..

I know it isn't even Thanksgiving yet but when you are planning to make beaded gifts for people you have to start planning early.  As I was flipping through a great new for me beading book that I got at a garage sale today; there is was inspiration for Christmas.  I immediately sketched out my design on paper then right on to Lacy's Stiff Stuff.  I find it important to sketch out your designs, studying them, and work any problems in your head.  Then take carbon paper and retrace on to your beading medium. 


Planning out your color palette is sometimes the hardest part.  I start by laying my colors together.  Keep it simple silly (KISS), that is my philosophy.  Use colors that compliment each other and keep them to a minimum.  Don't be afraid to use color but to many colors take away from the design instead of enhance it. 

Possibilities are endless with designs and the beads you use.  Beads will go where ever you put them and live happily there forever :).  Your imagination is your guide, listen to it and happy beading.

No comments:

Post a Comment